We have assisted clients in planning simple Wills to more complex estate plans. Nearly 50 years of experience has given us perspective to assist clients in determining their basic needs and creating a plan that fits each individual client’s desires. Important questions to ask, when considering estate planning include:
- Do you have a “Durable Power of Attorney”?
- Was the document signed after October 2011?
- Is the Agent still able to serve?
- Did you name an Alternate Agent?
- Do you have a Medical Power of Attorney?
- Do you have a Living Will?
- Do you know the location of the original documents?
- Are your assets over $5.49 million dollars?
- Is your Personal Representative qualified under Florida Statutes, to serve?
- Did you “fund” your Living Trust? Title your assets into the Trust?
- Do you know the beneficiaries of your Life Insurance, IRAs and Annuities?
- Do you know how your accounts are titled?
Standard documents to be considered are:
- Last Will & Testament
- Revocable Living Trust Agreements
- Durable Power of Attorneys
- Medical Health Surrogates
- Living Wills
- Pre-Need Guardianship Designation for Adults or Minors.
To help you with your Estate Plan preparations, we have created a brief guide Common Estate Planning Options.
Download and review the Guide then contact McLane Law for your estate planning needs.